Friday, August 15, 2008

Is it just me?

Alas, the next Y2K is coming. I never would have thought the end of the world would be coming while I was still alive. It's not the second coming of Jesus, it's not the Apocalypse. It's the conversion from "rabbit ears" to full on cable. *gasp*

Grab your water and canned goods while you still can. And make sure you grab a cable while you're out. I understand that elderly folk still probably have the "ears", but do all the commercials need to make it out like it is seriously the end of world? All the commercials are doing is probably freaking out the older crowd into a frenzy. "Call this number" or "Go to this website". I'm betting anybody with "rabbit ears" probably doesn't know how to work internet. Because if you know your way around the World Wide Web, why haven't you updated your t.v.? Maybe I'm being overly cynical, but really? Does it need to be this exaggerated? Is it just me that finds this all a little insane?

No comments: