Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Cup of Coffee


I'm starting my morning with a nice mug full of steaming hot deliciousness (i.e. coffee) and I realize that this is my second cup of coffee. Or is it? And I suddenly pondered, when someone says they have two cups of coffee, do they mean two mugs or the measurement of two cups? Because I make four cups worth, but it fits in two and a half mug-fuls. So when someone says "cups" now, I immediately ask myself in my head which one they mean. And I decided this was a worthy blog topic. Drink on, fellow coffee lovers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Omgosh I don't know either! Basically in the morning I make 12 ounces which fits into my 12 ounce travel mug and that suits me! On my coffee pot its just under the "4 cup" mark. But in actual measurements, that's only 1.5 cups. When I make instant coffee, it wants me to mix one packet with 6 ounces, but that's usually a bit strong for me so I go with 8 ounces. It's a crazy system and I think it needs to be fixed! ;o)