Thursday, June 10, 2010

I feel so un-GLEE-ful


Glee ended it's season on Tuesday, and like other Gleeks around the globe, I tearfully said goodbye until this fall. But I'm not quite ready to let go of my Glee love for the summer. EW released the top ten countdown of best Glee moments. Since I disagreed with some of them, I decided to release a list of my own.

10) Bad Romance
I love GaGa. The performance of BR was fantastic and embodied Lady GaGa fully by the eccentric costume worship. As much as I was in love with Bad Romance, I was completely underwhelmed by Poker Face. But that's ok. One superbly performed GaGa number is better than no GaGa at all.

9) Vogue
Is Sue a pain in the ass? Yes. Is Madonna awesome? Yes. Did the strange combination of the two create a masterpiece? Damn straight.

8) Single Ladies
Who would have ever thought that Beyonce plus football would be such a killer and hilarious mix? Seeing men in giant pads flounce around had me in fits of laughter. Even though I'm not a fan of the song, I enjoyed its spot on the show.

7) Like a Virgin
The mash up of the three different couples preparing to do the horizontal salsa had me giggling yet strangely turned on, which was a weird feeling. It left you wondering who would end up doing the nasty....and then they told you. And it was disappointing.

6) Don't Stop Believing
It's the song that made us fall in love with weird kids who can sing. It made us want to be one of them. Or realize we were already one of them. Also, Journey shot back onto everyone's radar.

5) Sweet Caroline
Puck crooning. SWOON.

4) Journey Mash up
More Journey featured, yes please! Perfect return to the humble beginnings. Plus my fave Journey song was featured in the mash up.

3) NPH singing Dream On
There is nothing more to say.


2) Dream a Little Dream/Safety Dance/Dancing with Myself/Proud Mary....ok, anything heavily featuring Arty

I love Arty. Every song where he is the main singer has delighted me. He needs more solos. Because I love him, and he's awesome.

And the number one is........

Somewhere Over the Rainbow


Will singing. Hot. Will playing Uk. Hot. It was all good.



So there's what I have to say about Glee. I will be trying to maintain my sanity for the summer by watching reruns on Thursday night. I'm currently watching it now, and I've gotten my mom hooked. Win. Gleek on!

No comments: