Saturday, December 28, 2013

The Project for Awesome 2013

I didn't get this post up as quickly as I wanted, or even during the project, so there's my goal for next year. Get it up during the actual project....anyway, moving on! 

The Project for Awesome was created by the Vlogbrothers (John and Hank Green) as a challenge to take over youtube for a day full of charity videos on the featured page.  While youtube may have changed since the inception of the project, the only change we've seen is that the project has grown more awesome!  The Foundation to Decrease World Suck is actually a recognized charity organization (tax deductible!) and has basically the best name ever.

I chose to address sexual violence in my video and specifically the Birmingham Crisis Center, which is the place I volunteer with currently.


This was my first year submitting a video with the project. I can't wait to make alterations and submit and even better video next year! 

For more information on the Project for Awesome, go here.

And if you feel so inclined to donate to the Birmingham Crisis Center or just want to learn more about the organization, go here.

Can't wait for next year! As we say in Nerdfighteria, don't forget to be awesome!




No comments: