Friday, August 15, 2014

Harry Potter Challenge Days 15, 16, and 17

I am going to be up north all weekend, and while Harry Potter is usually always on my mind in some way (I should make butterbeer cupcakes soon...), this weekend will be a technology free zone for me.  So I'm posting the whole weekend today.  Let's begin...

Day 15: Who would be your best friends at Hogwarts (pick 3)?

Courtesy of Tumblr
Ok, so first, obviously Hermy and I would be tight.  We’d totally hang out in the library and learn shit together and save everyone’s lives.  We’re awesome like that.

Courtesy of Tumblr
Second, Luna is my homegirl.  We’re both weird and quirky and misunderstood.  I’d totally help her find her missing possessions or save her from sleepwalking, and she would teach me about nargles and Crumple-Horned Snorkaks which we would then go on vacay to find.

Courtesy of Tumblr
Lastly, I don’t know if it would qualify as a friendship or more of a stalking thing, but Oliver Wood and I would become very close…and I would obviously find some way to make him fall in love with me.


Day 16: Favorite Professor

Courtesy of Tumblr
McGonagall all the way!  She’s Scottish and snarky.  Her class would be the best.  I’ve always enjoyed teachers who have a teasing relationship with the class.  I think while she’d be strict, it is because she wants us to succeed.  But ultimately, she would be fun.  If not her, then Snape.  So I could just ogle him and ask him to say things in his sexy voice.


Day 17: What would your wand be made of and what would be in its core?

Courtesy of Tumblr
A long time ago my bff found this awesome website about wands.  It was super in depth and amazing, and I’ve yet to be able to find it again.  The damn internet is too big!  (that’s what she said)  If I had to go off just picking my own, I’d probable say 9 inches, Ash, with a unicorn hair.  Length would be decent, ash wands are known to be loyal to their holders (loyalty is big with me since I’m Huffle), and this is strengthened when the core is unicorn hair.  Also I think unicorns are pretty.

That being said, I’m going to take a wand quiz or two and see what those say…

Ok Cupid determined my wand to be 9 ¾ inches, Oak, with Phoenix feather.  So in my initial guess, I was close on length. You can take the quiz here.

Another quiz (here) determines which character’s wand wood would you share.  No shock, I got Hermione. Considered as an uncommon type, Vine wands are said to be sensitive when it comes to choosing their rightful owners. Those who own Vine wands are said to be people with hidden depths in their personality and who often seek for a greater purpose. Characters who use wands made from Vine include Hermione Granger.”

Boom.



No comments: