Saturday, August 9, 2014

Harry Potter Challenge Days 9 & 10

A little bit late on the 9th but it's my blog so I do what I want :)

Day 9: Least Favorite Male Character and Why

Ooh, this is tough.  Because the beauty of Harry Potter is that even the evil people have redeeming qualities or you can attribute their evil lifestyle to how they were raised.  Even big bad Voldy was that way.  He was incapable of love because he was conceived under a love potion, and thoroughly despised by his father.  That does not a well adjusted child make.  But since I have to choose… I guess I’m going to have to go with Peter Pettigrew, aka Wormtail.

Courtesy of Tumblr
The only redeeming thing about him is that he did the Dark Lord’s bidding because he was a chicken shit.  He’s weak.  That being said, he’s lucky Harry didn’t kill him.  Because at 13 years old if I met the person responsible for my parents’ murder, I’d fuck that person up a lot.  Peter couldn’t stand up and be brave so he became a tool for someone more powerful.  His actions resulted in the deaths of Harry’s parents and the incarceration of Sirius because he got blamed.  Plus it just fits that his animagus is a rat.  And that his codename is Wormtail.  It’s too perfect.  Rowling, you damn genius, you!


Day 10: Pick one: Horcruxes or Hallows?

On the one hand, horcruxes can theoretically allow you to live forever, even though you have to murder people to do it.  On the other hand, Hallows can give you immense power over life and a cool coat for sneaky business.
Courtesy of Tumblr
If I had to pick an individual item, I’d go for the cloak of invisibility.  First, it’s really pretty.  I mean, seriously guys, it's really really pretty.  Second, think about how much you could save on going to the movies?  Would that be awesome!  The movies are ridiculously expensive, okay...

Courtesy of Tumblr
But if I had to pick overall, I’d go horcruxes.  The reason being, what if I only killed bad people?  Yes, I know murder isn’t right, blah blah blah.  But what if I could only murder despots or religious zealots?  I’d get to live forever, plus we’d be rid of a few assholes on the planet.  Just something to think about…


No comments: